On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Noodleheads series.
- #1: Noodlehead Nightmares (Noodleheads #1) (Paperback): $6.99
- #2: Noodleheads See the Future (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Noodleheads Fortress of Doom (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Noodleheads Lucky Day (Hardcover): $15.99
Can a toy boat grow into a real boat? Mac and Mac think so. You'll laugh out loud at the funny adventures in this comic-style book.
Mac and Mac, as gullible as ever, decide that since fish live in schools, they must be smart. The fish in this funny story certainly are smart enough to outwit Mac and Mac--and so is their friend Meatball, who shows them how to get a bigger boat. But there's something fishy about his suggestion. . .
Illustrated by Tedd Arnold, whose Fly Guy series is a kid favorite, this graphic novel is perfect for comic fans and reluctant readers, with short, funny chapters following Mac and Mac through ridiculous adventures. Full of wordplay, jokes, and slapstick humor, the Noodlehead series is sure to delight.
Based on traditional world folktales and stories of fools, the Noodleheads encourage critical thinking. The books invite kids to use their noodles by spotting the holes in the brothers' grand plans and anticipating how things will go awry.
Source notes from professional storytellers Martha Hamilton and Mitch Weiss provide more information about the traditional stories that inspired Mac and Mac's mishaps and show how these comic motifs feature in folklore and legends all around the world and offering opportunities for further reading.
This easy-to-read series, including the Geisel Honor book Noodleheads See the Future, is an accessible introduction to stories of fools, and a great next read for fans of the Fly Guy books.
A Junior Library Guild selection!
About the Author
Martha Hamilton and Mitch Weiss are the acclaimed storyteller team known as Beauty & the Beast Storytellers. They have won an Irma Simonton Black Award for Excellence in Children's Literature, two Storytelling World Awards, and an Anne Izard Storytellers' Choice Award.
With more than 20 million books in print, Tedd Arnold is the best-selling author-illustrator of No Jumping on the Bed, Parts, Rat Life, and the Fly Guy series, including two Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Honor books.
* "The Noodlehead brothers, Mac and Mac, are back in this irresistibly funny graphic novel about misunderstandings and mistakes. . . . Kids will feel like they have the upper hand while also reveling in Mac and Mac’s foibles, and they might even learn a thing or two about logical reasoning. Even Mac and Mac learn something by the end, but when it comes down to it, they’re still the same old Noodleheads. A must-buy for graphic novel collections."—School Library Journal, Starred Review
"Readers will come away with plenty of laughs. The introduction and three short chapters are filled with brightly colored comics panels in Arnold's signature art style. Fans won't want to miss the boat on this one."—Kirkus Reviews