Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
★★★ The Confessions of St Augustine ★★★
An autobiographical work including 13 books by Saint Augustine of Hippo
- Written between 397 and 400 A.D., "The Confessions of Saint Augustine" is thought to be the first autobiography in Western civilization and is considered by many to be one of the most important religious works of all time wrote by a Saint. While not a complete account of Augustine's life, for Augustine wrote "Confessions" in his early forties and would live well into his seventies, it is one of the most complete first-hand accounts of anyone's life from the fourth or fifth century, in which the author outlines the sins of his youth and conversion to Christianity.
- "The Confessions" tells of its author's ultimate dedication of his life to Christ and Christian ways.
- "The Confessions" are not simply a recount of the author's life but a true exploration of what it is to be Christian and the struggles that one must overcome in order to find Christ and live a more pious life. A pioneering work of autobiography, "The Confessions" remains one of the most important works of spiritual devotion ever written. The Confessions of Saint Augustine is considered the all time number one Christian classic.
- It is an extended poetic, passionate, intimate prayer. Augustine was probably forty-three when he began this endeavor. He had been a baptized Catholic for ten years, a priest for six, and a bishop for only two. His pre-baptismal life raised questions in the community. Was his conversion genuine?
- he first hearers were captivated, as many millions have been over the following sixteen centuries. His experience of God speaks to us across time with little need of transpositions. This new translation by Edward Bouverie Pusey masterfully captures his experience.
✓ About the Author
- Augustine of Hippo is one of the greatest thinkers, writers and philosophers in the Western world. After he became Christian he was made bishop of Hippo in Africa where he was very influential in civil and church affairs. With more than 113 books, 200 letters and 500 sermons he has left a lasting impact on Western philosophy and culture.
- Besides st augustine confessions his other well-known works include The Trinity, The City of God, The Expositions of the Psalms. All these today are still best selling titles.
- St Augustine of Hippo, the great Doctor of the Latin Church, was born at Thagaste in North Africa, in A.D. 354. He was brought up as a Christian but he was soon converted to the Manichean religion. He also came under the influence of Neoplatonism. However, in 387 he renounced all his unorthodox beliefs and was baptised. His surviving works had a great influence on Christian theology and the psychology and political theology of the West.
✓ ABOUT THE confessions
- augustine of hippo wrote an augustine boulding piece of christian chistorical theology
- this book is a classic now in Christian Church History and Christian Saints
- the confessions of st. augustine is a confession augustine classic of Catholicism literacy
- confessions by saint augustine is one of the most famous saint augustine books and can be viewed as kind of testament of the st augustine biography
- confessions of augustine is at the core of saint augustine complete works and un must have in philosopher biographies
✓ other works by st augustine
- THE CITY OF GOD.
About the Author
Saint Augustine of Hippo was a Roman African, early Christian theologian and philosopher from Numidia whose writings influenced the development of Western Christianity and Western philosophy. He was the bishop of Hippo Regius in north Africa and is viewed as one of the most important Church Fathers in Western Christianity for his writings in the Patristic Era. Among his most important works are The City of God, On Christian Doctrine and Confessions.